News & Updates
- TBTI Digest, February 2017 Download TBTI Digest - February 2017 to learn about the recent project’s activities and outputs.
[button link="http://toobigtoignore.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Digest_Feb_Final.pdf" window="window" size="...read more
- ‘Women and Gender in SSF’ online survey
The ‘Women & Gender’ cluster is conducting an online survey to obtain contextual information about the role and the relations between women and men in small-scale fisheries (SSF). Women are key acto...read more
- TBTI PhD student successfully defends her thesis February 2017
Anna Schuhbauer, TBTI PhD student, successfully defended her thesis on 'Economic viability of small-scale fisheries'. Anna studies at the University of British Columbia, Canada under the supervision of D...read more
- Article: Role of inland fishery and aquaculture for food and nutrition security in Nepal Author: Tek Bahadur Gurung
An article titled “Role of inland fishery and aquaculture for food and nutrition security in Nepal" has recently been published in the Agriculture & Food Security journal. The artic...read more
- Article: The humble sardine (small pelagics): fish as food or fodder Author: Moenieba Isaacs
An article titled “The humble sardine (small pelagics): fish as food or fodder" has recently been published in the Agriculture & Food Security journal. The article examines the sign...read more
- Vital Fisheries – setting pathways for the implementation of the SSF Guidelines in Brazil Vital Fisheries - Setting pathways for the implementation of International Guidelines for Small-Scale Fisheries in Brazil is a final report of the National Seminar on Capacity-building for the Implementation of the Volun...read more
- TBTI Digest, January 2017 Download TBTI Digest - January 2017 to learn about the recent project’s activities and outputs.
[button link="http://toobigtoignore.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Digest_January_Final.pdf" window="window" siz...read more
- Dr. Rashid Sumaila wins Benchley Ocean Award for Excellence in Science
Congradulations to UBC Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries professor, and TBTI Cluster Coordinator, Dr. Ussif Rashid Sumaila for winning a prestigious Peter Benchley Ocean Award, in recognition for his work on su...read more
- Daniel Pauly and Dirk Zeller win Ocean Award
Congratulations to the Sea Around Us leading team, Dr. Daniel Pauly and Dr. Dirk Zeller, who have just received the Ocean Award in the Science category for their contributions to marine conservation and ocean health ...read more
- Crowd Sourcing Small-Scale Fisheries Data: A Global Initiative
On Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 at 6 PM UTC, TBTI members Rodolphe Devillers & David Bishop will be discussing the Information System on Small-Scale Fisheries (ISSF) during a webinar hosted by EBM Tools Network....read more
- TBTI Digest, December 2016 Download TBTI Digest - December 2016 to learn about the recent project’s activities and outputs.
[button link="http://toobigtoignore.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Digest_December_Final.pdf" window="window" s...read more
- Report: Symposium on small-scale fisheries in Asia-Pacific and beyond The Symposium on Small-Scale Fisheries in Asia-Pacific Region and Beyond took place between 6-9th of August 2016 in Kanchanaburi province, Thailand. The symposium focused on aspects of small-scale fisheries that are rele...read more
- Report: Implementing the Small-Scale Fisheries Guidelines: What’s in it for Newfoundland and Labrador? Synergy Session
On April 22nd, 2016 the Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development and the Too Big To Ignore project hosted a synergy session ‘Implementing the Small-Scale Fisheries Guidelines: What’s in it for Newfoundlan...read more
- Report: Stewardship in Small-Scale Fisheries Workshop The ‘Stewardship in Small-Scale Fisheries' workshop took place on July 29-30, 2016 in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. The workshop was organized by the SSF Stewardship research cluster of the Too Big To Ignore proj...read more
- Article: Transboundary research in fisheries Marine Policy 76, 8-18; Open Access
This TBTI-supported publication explores boundaries in world's fisheries and opens up discussions for a more nuanced boundary application that can better cope with multi-level inter...read more
- TBTI Digest, November 2016 Download TBTI Digest - November 2016 to learn about the recent project’s activities and outputs.
TBTI Digest is now available in 4 different languages!
[button link="http://toobigtoignore.net/wp-cont...read more